J.E. Berkowitz is a leading architectural glass fabricator and distributor in North America. Today, through the leadership of three generations, our family-owned company operates out of a 253,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility on 23 acres, in Pedricktown, N.J., featuring the most advanced glass fabrication equipment, and employs more than 200 people.
Our architectural glass fabrication capabilities include: insulating glass, heat-treated glass, silk-screened and spandrel glass, laminated glass, all-glass doors and entrances, and point-supported glass systems and canopies.
Welcome to our family of people, services, and products.
Founded by Jacob E. Berkowitz in 1920, J.E. Berkowitz began operations as a glass silvering company that produced mirrors for furniture, department, and variety stores in the Philadelphia area. By 1940, the company became the largest silvering plant in the city and moved to Philadelphia’s waterfront district.
Jacob’s son Edwin J. Berkowitz joined the business in 1950. Soon after, the company removed the beveling and silvering departments and concentrated on mirror products distribution. In 1970, the company relocated for a third time to a 41,000-square-foot building in Westville, N.J., and began distributing flat glass to glass shops and glazing contractors. In the mid-1970s, Arthur Berkowitz joined the company and assumed the presidency in the mid-1980s.
Since then, J.E. Berkowitz experienced substantial growth, resulting in the construction of its current headquarters in Pedricktown, N.J. The world-class plant and offices were designed by Margulies Hoelzli Architecture, engineered by the Thornton-Tomasetti Group, and constructed by Norwood Construction Management. The building’s layout incorporates some of the best practices found in the major glass fabrication plants throughout Europe.